Short curly Afro for black women: Just walk down the street and you’ll see it everywhere, more and more black women are embracing natural hair. From curls and coils to twist and unprocessed straight locks, the range is exciting and offer something for almost everyone.
Short curly Afro for black women is ideal for when you are transitioning from chemically processed hair to natural hair and don’t want to do that big chop. They are also ideal for when your big chop has grown out somewhat and you are now left with a small Afro.
The fact that these hairstyles can be done easily at home and require minimal maintenance make them a great choice for those on the go. They can help you to save money as well since you can do them yourself and don’t require a stylist.
If you want to maintain your hair 100% natural, then you can go for one of the many short curly hairstyles for black women. First yo have to decide what type of curls you want. Do you want small tight curls or do you want looser curls? Are you looking for definition? Your answer to these question will determine what routine you need to get the look you want. In this video, we’re breaking down how to create a one of the top short curly Afro for black women – the cute curly fro.
Short Curly Afro for Black Women Tutorial
Video Credit: naturalhairnskincare
What You Will Need: These are things that you probably already have in your possession so you can complete this hairstyle without having to spend any money.
- Perms rods of various sizes
- Clips to secure hair
- Rat-tail comb
- Large tooth comb
- Moisturizer of your choice
- Oil of your choice
- Leave in conditioner
To get your cute curly fro here are the steps to follow;
- Cleanse and Clarify using a cleanser of your choice then rinse and moisturize your hair.
- Moisturize and condition leaving in the conditioner for 10 to 30 minutes with a steam cap without rinsing.
- Ensure your hair is saturated and then section and add the perm rods in your chosen sizes. Use smaller rods for shorter sections of hair.
- If you have sections of hair that are too short to go on the perm rods then you can finger coil or coil them with a comb.
- Allow hair to dry completely by your preferred means of drying.
- Gently remove the perm rods, seal your curls with some oil and style your hair by separating and teasing as necessary to get the desired level of volume.
This is one of the short curly Afro for black women that is perfect for those who are transitioning from processed to natural hair as the perm rods help your straight ends to blend nicely with your curly roots. The style can be maintained by simply tying your hair with a satin head tie at night and spritzing in the morning with a curl refresher and teasing the roots to regain any lift that was lost over night. Finish off this hairstyle with some oil spray to maintain your sheen.