We know sunflower oil is amazing in in the kitchen. It’s a marvel for high heat cooking because it doesn’t breakdown under high temperatures like olive oil. But these aren’t the only sunflower oil benefits you can reap! There so many other applications for hair, skin and for consumption that we should call sunflower oil a super food!
Amazing Sunflower Oil Benefits
Why are there so many sunflower oil benefits? Its primary component is linoleic acid. This is a fatty acid, but it is super healthy and benefits the skin, organ and may have cancer fighting properties. Sunflower oil also contains good amounts of palmitic and oleic acids (known for their antioxidant properties) and has vitamins A, E and D.
Sunflower oil can be found in a number of hair care products and according to the Journal of Cosmetic Science it is the 2nd most common base used in the hair oil industry. But not only is it beneficial to hair, if used on the hair externally, but it’s also beneficial for your locks if consumed.
Sunflower Oil Benefits for Hair
When used in the hair sunflower oil acts as an emollient which provides a softening effect thanks to its content of lubricating and thickening agents. It further helps to keep hair moisturized by preventing the loss of water from the hair. (It does the same thing for your skin when consumed.)
Sunflower oil also helps prevent breakage of hair by nourishing it. The fatty acids and vitamin make it a great conditioning agent for those who have naturally occurring greasy hair and scalp.
Sunflower oil benefits – Buying sunflower oil in bulk can lower the price and allow you to make your very own hair oil. In fact, you can even add scents to the oil to personalize your homemade hair product. By doing this right at home, you save money by not having to pay for expensive formulations in stores.
How Sunflower Oil Stop/Cure Thinning Hair
Sunflower oil benefits go beyond just being moisturizing. The oil can also be used to stop thinning hair and to replenish hair loss. It does this thanks to its high vitamin E content. This allows sunflower oil to be a very good moisturizing agent for your scalp. Hair growth is stimulated by a well-nourished and healthy scalp. Sunflower oil’s antioxidant properties help to prevent hair loss and thinning caused by aging.
Sunflower oil also combats thinning hair thanks to its high content of oleic acid. This omega 9 acid is an essential oil which has the primary purpose of stimulating natural hair growth. It also prevents brittle hair and by extension hair loss.
Other Sunflower Oil Benefits
Sunflower oil can be very beneficial to you in more ways than just helping you have and maintain healthy hair, here is a list of other ways you can benefit from sunflower oil consumption.
- Sunflower oil is good for heart health since it is high in vitamin E, selenium and monounsaturated fats; it lowers cholesterol and reduces risk for heart attack and stroke.
- Sunflower oil can help to prevent rheumatoid arthritis.
- The high vitamin E content of the oil helps to prevent asthma and colon cancer.
- Sunflower oils contain carotenoids that can help in the prevention of a number of cancers including skin cancer, lung cancer and uterine cancer.
- Being high in vitamin A sunflower oil can help with the prevention of cataracts.
- The Vitamin B content of sunflower oil helps to promote a healthy nervous system, boosts energy and digestion.
- Its vitamin profile makes it an excellent choice for skin protection.
- It helps to fight free radicals which helps keep the immune system in its best condition and helps to reduce the rate at which the signs of aging start showing.
You can start reaping all these sunflower oil benefits today and it doesn’t have to cost you a fortune! And with the benefits to your hair, you’ll look good doing it!